
Yesterday I came across an amazing coffee-table type art book of the art and graphic design of Charley Harper! This may be old hat for ya'll but I had never seen his work before but I instantly recognized the style as something I grew up seeing in older design motifs that I have always been very drawn towards. I love the bold graphic design elements and the modernist accents.
I particularly love his environmentally-aware subjects and natural history/biology work - especially the ocean themed ones. He stays true to his animal subjects like a naturalist but still manages to imbue the creatures with verve and personality. I love the National Parks posters he did as well.
He also did some advertising work and some in-house stuff for Ford that seemed to be focused on Americana and heritage-type subjects. All fantastic. All great stuff. I now have a new holy grail for thrift-store book shopping.
If you haven't seen these before take a spin around the website- they are really great.
http://www.charleyharperprints.com/
Oh wow, those are truly amazing. I'm going to spend so much time on that site, clicking away, I can tell.
ReplyDelete54F8DFF6
ReplyDeleteTrabzon
Batman
Kars
Tekirdağ
Van
Kayseri
Mardin
Urfa
Antep
165A2BEF
ReplyDeleteSivrihisar
Karesi
Merzifon
Döşemealtı
Pursaklar
Cide
Tavşanlı
Kumluca
Yalıkavak
B9B93F78
ReplyDeleteİlkadım
Kemalpaşa
Ölüdeniz
Aliağa
Adalar
Samandağ
Mezitli
Ceyhan
Kaş